Tuesday 8 March 2011

Dissertation Summary

The working title I have have chosen for my dissertation is: "The Role of the Entrepreneurial Designer In 21st Century Britain". Within this there is various areas of research I will have to undergo. I plan to investigate the main areas which influence designers and what makes a consumer buy a product.
I plan to divide my research into 4 main areas of study: Social, political, economical and agricultural. Within these titles I will look at the influence these issues have on our society and how it is imperative for a designer to fully understand these elements in order to create a successful and lucrative design.
In my dissertation I will be discussing the ways in which people perceive design and how this perception can be altered and manipulated depending on their background and personal circumstance.
I have begun to look at various sources in order to achieve a better understanding of my topic. My main resource material has been taken from books and online journals, newspapers and Google Scholar.

A few of the books I have been looking at are:

Universal Principles of Design- William Lidwell

Design and Emotion- Deana Mcdonagh

Design for a living world- Ellen Lupton

Developments in Design Methodology- Nigel Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment